Wednesday 6 March 2013

Scents Of Spring


With spring in the air (theoretically at least) and Mothers’ Day fast approaching, I thought that now was a good time to look at some of the lovely, light, fragrances in the shops, which make ideal gifts or lovely spring treats for floral yourself.

I am a big fan of floral scents finding they lift my mood, whilst smelling fresh without being too overpowering. Here Scents are some of my favourites.

Go floral for Spring
Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, £9.99 for 100ml at Superdrug. I’ve used this on and off for years as it has a lovely refreshing scent, which always makes me think of spring. It has both citrus and floral notes that really wake up your senses.

Marks and Spencer Florentyna, £12.00 for 100ml. A delicate flowery scent incorporating gardenia, jasmine, lily of the valley and orange blossom, presented in a bottle with a flower-inspired lid. Shower crèmes, body lotions etc are available in the same fragrance so that you can create the ‘layering’ effect.

Avon Simply Her, currently on special offer at £5.00 for 50ml. A delicate, new fragrance containing rose and lily of the valley, although I think this smells of citrus when first sprayed, changing to a more subtle 'powdery' scent over time.

Anais Anais by Cacherel, currently £14.99 for 30ml at Boots. Another of my old favourites that I return to from time to time. Based on white flowers including the Madonna Lily, it also has fruity and woody notes. The ultimate classic perfume in my book.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment