Tuesday 19 February 2013

Online Shopping – My Way


I’m a big fan of the actual ‘shopping experience’, i.e. browsing the shops, touching, trying and comparing potential purchases, before making my eventual choice. However, I have been known to buy a few things online, if only selectively.

When buying toiletries or make-up that I have used before, so that I don’t need to try out the colour/texture/fragrance, I have made the odd online purchase. I’m a big fan of DS games (see my DS game review blog posts) and find that Amazon is the best place to find all the titles I want at really good prices, so I always get these online.

But when it comes to clothing, I have a different approach. I do order some garments online, but I just hate having to search through a multitude of internet pages in a quest to find something suitable. That’s why I’m a fan of the good old-fashioned catalogue.

I love to curl up with a mug of something sweet and hot and browse the glossy pages of a catalogue – it’s a really comfy way to shop. Once I’ve made my choice I’ve nothing against actually placing the order online, in fact it’s extremely convenient, as I can instantly find out whether an item’s in stock and when I can expect delivery. It just wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t have the chance to peruse those glossy pages first. It’s much the same as me preferring to hold a book in my hand rather than read from a Kindle.


Now it has been reported that Argos plan to reduce circulation of their catalogue and overhaul their ordering system. A bad move in my book (pardon the pun).

So please home shopping companies, don’t ever dispense with your lovely catalogues, (I do recycle them) – online shopping just wouldn’t be the same without them!

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment