Wednesday 13 February 2013

Book Bargains


I’m an avid reader and especially enjoy books with mystery, crime and historical themes, although I do like to try books of all genres. This is why I’m a big fan of shops that offer great deals on books, allowing me to try titles that I might not otherwise consider if I had to pay top price for them.

One of my favourite book stores is The Works, where I often buy paperback books on a ‘3 for £5’ deal, but have also found deals there for ‘2 for £3’ and ‘3 for £4’. It’s always worth taking a look at current offers, you may be inspired to try something new.

Supermarkets also offer some good book deals. Tesco sell current paperbacks ‘2 for £7’ with some older titles on a ‘3 for £5’ offer. Sainsbury’s paperback chart includes books for £2.99, £3.49 and £3.99 each, with a selection of older titles sold at 2 for £3. So why not give a new book a go with your weekly shop?

If you prefer to order your books by post or online, then try The Book People http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk They have some great value fiction and non-fiction books at very reasonable prices and there is free delivery on orders over £25. They also offer a Points Passport loyalty scheme whereby you earn Book Points, which you can save and exchange for chosen books.

And of course, don't forget a trip to your local library, where reading really is accessible to all! Many libraries have been closing of late, so let's support the ones we still have.

There’s no excuse for not trying a new book today!

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment