Tuesday 4 December 2012

Women and Chocolate Update


Back in October I blogged that Cadbury were introducing a new supposedly lower calorie chocolate bar aimed predominantly at women, called Crispello. I have now been to the shop, paid my 50p and tried one – in the name of research of course!

The chocolate consists of three individual pieces (55 calories each) in what is supposed to be resealable packaging, though not sure mine opened the way it was supposed to, as it only partly resealed, the other part of it flapped open. As if I eat just one piece of chocolate at a time anyway!

The chocolate is of average taste really, nothing special to rave about, not particularly original, and certainly not really lower calorie. Described as ‘Thin crispy shells with a creamy chocolate filling’ I would say Crispello reminds me of Ferrero Rocher without the nuts, so not as interesting really.

For the calorie count I would rather have a Jaffa Cake, which at 45 calories is less than one piece of Crispello, a fun size bag of Maltesers, at 99 calories less than two pieces or a Galaxy Ripple at 174 calories not much more than eating all three pieces! Even comparing Crispello to another Cadbury product doesn't help - a flake from a multipack is just 135 calories.

Verdict: Not for me, sorry Cadbury.

Let me know what you think, email comments@shoppersjoy.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment