Friday 14 December 2012

December’s Random Thoughts


It’s now that I really miss Woolworths. It was a kind of one-stop shop for Christmas shopping – cards, wrapping paper, decorations, toys, chocolates, kids clothes etc. I know that you can get them all under one roof at supermarkets, but the choice of toys is inferior, and I just miss the old favourite.

Don't think results of cake maker would have been this lavish
Am I the only one who buys a bag of Salt ‘n’ Shake crisps and doesn’t add the salt? In fact, am I the only one who hates the ‘n’ stuck in the middle of things?

This time of year I find myself remembering the Christmas of my childhood when I dearly wanted an ‘In-A-Minute Cake Maker’. I marvelled at the TV ads that showed preparing the ingredients, then popping them into the ‘magic oven’, resulting in a tasty looking chocolate cake. Sadly, I never did get one – one of life’s disappointments.

Why do shops put up silly little signs saying things such as “I’m only £3” or “Try me”. Products are objects, not living things, and I’m not three (you have to multiply that figure a considerable amount of times to get my age), so credit us shoppers with some sense.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment