Monday 17 September 2012

Soup and Roll Saga Continues

In my 14th September Blog ‘Manager’s Good and Bad’, I bemoaned the stupidity of Greggs charging extra for butter with their soup and roll.

Although I am currently waiting for a response from Greggs, I am happy to report that I have tracked down a much better soup and roll deal.

During a lunch trip to my local Tesco Extra Restaurant today (I still maintain that I don’t spend all my time lunching out), I discovered that soup and a roll are served for £2.25 (Greggs charges £2.45), inclusive of butter. The soup was hot and creamy, the roll crisp and fresh, the butter plentiful – and all served with a smile! What’s more Clubcard points are awarded on the purchase.

I certainly know which side my bread’s buttered on – or whether my roll is buttered at all!

STOP PRESS! On the subject of Tesco they currently have some great half price offers in store, including Robinson’s squash, Branston Baked Beans, Shreddies and Walker’s crisps.

No comments:

Post a Comment